Monday 22 October 2012

Week 8 Weigh-In Result!

Well, it was going to happen sooner or later - I had my first proper binging-and-pigging-out-and-not-caring-about-what-I-ate week.

As a result, I went from 195.0lbs last week to 198.0lbs this week! THREE POUNDS UP!

That's quite horrifying. But as horrible as it is, I know it'll be alright. I am NOT going back over 200. I've had my fun, I've had a nice few days telling myself not to care and to eat whatever I want - so now it's back to work. It's just part of the ups and downs of losing weight. It'll be alright.

So, time to go through my food diary for the latest Food List of Shame:

  • Alcoholic beverages (which came to a total of 777 calories in one night - argh!)
  • Cake
  • One full English hangover breakfast
  • 3 course meal at the Loch Fyne Fish Restaurant, also with several large pieces of bread and butter and mixed olives! (This was absolutely delicious though...)
  • Half a large Domino's pizza
  • Half a box of Domino's Chicken Kickers
  • 6 inch Subway meatball marinara
  • 1.5 pints of beer
Awful. As you can see from the list, I quite clearly did not give a crap about what I ate this week. Well, that's not strictly true - the first four days of the week went very well and I had everything under control. It was that hangover day that threw me off. I felt so awful that I just started not caring. So, in future, I'd like to avoid getting a hangover and just y'know, drink less the night before. It's not worth feeling that terrible the day after AND having it throw me off my diet completely.

Just to give you an idea how many calories I ate (I managed to track everything all week, even though sometimes I really didn't want to). My total amount of calories for the week was 14778, and the daily average was 2111. Now, some people would tell me that there's no way I should have gained three pounds from that, since 2111 is roughly my TDEE. If they're right, I shouldn't really have gained weight at all. So then what - are we just looking at a lot of food weight that is still in my system (I only ate the pizza about 10 hours ago...). Perhaps a lot of water retention from the increased sodium levels? It's all possible, I suppose. It's reassuring to think that maybe I haven't just gained three pounds of fat back, but I have no idea what's actually going on, really.

But anyway, I've been hovering around last week's weight far too long (195), and now I've just given myself more work to do to just get back to that weight. Not a happy thought. I knew last week was going downhill pretty quickly, but I'd hoped I would be able to maintain or just have a small gain. But anyway, I've had a gain and it's the first gain I've had since September 17th - so that's not too bad. Now for many more weeks of losses!

This week is going to be flawless. I wouldn't normally say that, but I'm really, really determined now!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry I went from like 190ish to 198 :( cry!!
    The pizza may have bumped up your weight temporarily as it's full of carbs and very calorific. I'd put it down to salt and water retention as I ate a Chinese on Saturday and I'm still suffering with bloating from it and not liking it but I know if I eat clean and drink plenty of water I'll lose it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry too much about the figure in the gain... I think it is sometimes impossible to figure out the scales.. after one weekend for Biggy's bday I put on 10lbs... but then 3 days later after weigh-in i was down 7lbs of that 10! Confusing! Now for the alst 4 weeks I have been excatly the same weight to the ounce... so who knows?! I'm sure if you keep to the healthy eating like yo uhavebeen you will see the change! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete