Monday 27 August 2012

Initial Weigh-In: Yet another diet blog!

In the past, I've made lots of these little diet blogs (about four in the last month, actually), and I've sat here for ages trying to think of a witty and amusing title. I didn't bother trying to do that this time, I just typed in the first thing the popped into my head. So, here we are with my latest attempt at starting a diet blog. 29 and Fat. Because I just turned 29 last week, and whaddya know, I'm fat. And the title just sort of defines who I am right now, as sad as that is to admit. This is not where I wanted to be at 29, but I'm determined to do something about my weight before it ruins my thirties just like it did my twenties.

Anyway, I've deleted all of those non-starter diet blogs including the blog which DEFINITELY was going to be a no-go for someone attempting to lose a lot of weight - it was called 'A Quest For Deliciousness' and I set it up about two weeks ago. It was going to be a food/restaurant review blog. *shakes head* I don't know what I was thinking.

I was kind of excited to weigh myself when I woke up this morning, even though I had pigged out to the max yesterday. Pigging out before the Day 1 of any diet that I start is always a nice excuse to just eat everything in sight, which is what I did. I went completely overboard. It's gross. I'm ashamed to write it in here, but I will anyway. Here goes:
  • Slice of red velvet cheesecake
  • Toasted cheese steak sandwich with fries
  • Pepsi
  • Cod and chips
  • Sausage roll
  • Bag of doritos
  • Pack of fruit pastilles
  • Slice of red velvet cheesecake
I think I outdid myself, there. The cheesecake was bought for my birthday, and it's quite large and has many slices. And there's only me and my husband here, so I guess I thought I'd try and help get rid of it by having two slices yesterday? Having said that, there are still about four slices left, but my husband will have to deal with that. I'm not touching it - but it's not because I'm feeling determined and strong-willed, I just don't fancy it because I've been eating it too much, that's all...

Anyway, I was excited when I woke up because I knew that today will be the most I will ever weigh. If I stick to the plan, and make this diet the one that actually changes everything, then never again will I weigh 205.6lbs and have a body fat percentage of 44.2%. It's all downhill from here (but in a good way).

I'm attempting to follow the Weight Watchers Pro Points plan. I'm not going to any meetings - but I know my allowance (29 Pro Points per day, plus the extra 49 for the week), and I have a handy app on my phone which will calculate the points value in any food when I enter the protein, carb and fat amounts - so I'm all good to go. I'm going to try and do 30-60 minutes on the cross-trainer downstairs in a few minutes, and then I'm doing a kettlebell workout tonight. Now I just need to actually get changed and, y'know, DO it.

No comments:

Post a Comment